Zirakpur, June 7
Scores of birds and fish perished in a fireplace at a pet store in Zirakpur early this morning. A brief-circuit in “Gold Aquarium, Pet Canines and Birds” led to a serious hearth by which the store was gutted round 3 am. Two hearth engines had been rushed to the spot, which took round an hour to douse the flames, however by then, the store was utterly gutted, mentioned Zirakpur hearth officers.
Eyewitnesses mentioned there was huge sparking and explosions across the inverter contained in the store, which led to the hearth. “Hen cages, toys, hand-made aquariums and different dry objects had been burnt. The loss is round Rs15 lakh,” mentioned Sandeep, a co-owner of the store.
Zirakpur Hearth Officer Rajeev Kumar mentioned, “We obtained a name at 3:02 am and despatched two hearth engines to the spot. Fish and birds had been discovered lifeless within the hearth. The store proprietor mentioned there have been no pet canines on the market within the store on the time of the incident.” — TNS