STRATHAM, N.H. (WHDH) – A historic barn with livestock inside went up in flames in Stratham, New Hampshire late Monday night time.
Firefighters responding to a reported construction hearth known as in by a passerby at Scamman Farm on Portsmouth Avenue simply after 10:30 p.m. discovered a barn that’s greater than 100 years outdated engulfed in flames, in accordance with Stratham Hearth Chief Matt Larrabee.
Crews labored to launch as many animals from the barn as doable.
A second barn ignited however firefighters contained these flames to the outside surfaces, Larrabee mentioned.
Neither the homes nor the house on the property sustained injury.
There have been no reported accidents.
“Everyone seems to be protected, our household is protected!” Scamman Farm wrote on Fb. “Thanks to everybody for the sort phrases and most significantly Thanks to the entire hearth fighters that put themselves on the road to maintain everybody protected.”
The farm has been a backdrop for political occasions for Republican presidents and candidates by means of the years.
In 2011, Mitt Romney introduced on the farm that he was operating for president. Former Presidents George W. Bush, and his father, George H.W. Bush, additionally had visited the farm.
In 2019, Scamman Farm was named to the Nationwide Register of Historic Locations. The barn dated again to the 18th century and was one of many oldest buildings chronicled within the New Hampshire Preservation Alliance’s sequence, “52 Barns in 52 Weeks.”
The reason for the fireplace stays below investigation.
It is a creating story; stick with 7NEWS on-air and on-line for the most recent updates.
(Copyright (c) 2021 Sunbeam Tv. All Rights Reserved. This materials might not be printed, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)